At WA Building Surveyors we also carry out Energy Efficiency Assessments for most Residential and Commercial Developments throughout Perth.
Please email your Architectural & Lighting plans to firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt assessment and certification.
Why Be Energy Efficient ?
Being energy efficient and investing in energy efficiency practices and products will:
- Save money
- Protect the environment
- Assist in better managing energy demand
- Contribute to energy reliability and security
- Help lower greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants
- Enhance industry productivity
- Contribute to a competitive market
Energy Efficiency Tips!
- Turn off lights when you’re not using the room or leaving the house
- Use your window shading devices. Close blinds or Curtains on sunny days in summer to keep out the hot sun
- Look for the Energy Star label when purchasing consumer products. The more stars the more energy efficiency the device or product is
- When replacing or purchasing new taps , shower heads and toilets ensure they are rated to the new minimum Wels rated standards
- Maintain your house taps and ensure they are not leaking
- Insulate your ceiling when carrying out additions or renovations to your house, preferably a ceiling insulation batt greater than R4.0 in Value
- If you have or are installing a spa or swimming pool place an insulated cover on it to prevent water evaporation